Прес-реліз щодо спроб Росії організувати так звані президентські вибори на тимчасово окупованій території України - АР Крим (англійською мовою)
On March 18, 2018, the Russian Federation intends to hold the presidential election, in particular in Russia-occupied Ukrainian Crimea.
In view of the above, the Ukrainian Side would like to state as follows:
1. Ukraine strongly condemns Russia’s intention to hold presidential election in the temporarily occupied Crimea and consider them illegal and worthless.
2. The organization and holding of illegal vote in the temporarily occupied Crimea and Sevastopol is the next step in realizing the Kremlin's strategy aimed at legitimizing the consequences of aggression against Ukraine. It grossly violates the fundamental principles and norms of international law, the obligations of the Russian Federation under international and bilateral agreements, the Ukrainian legislation, as well as the UN Charter, the Resolutions of the UN General Assembly "Territorial integrity of Ukraine" 68/262 of March 27, 2014, "Situation of human rights in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and the city of Sevastopol (Ukraine)" 71/205 of December 19, 2016 and 72/190 of December 19, 2017; Helsinki Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe of August 1, 1975.
3. The results will be null and void, have no consequences for the current status of Crimea. All those involved in organizing and holding the unlawful vote in the temporarily occupied Crimea will bear responsibility in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
4. Ukraine welcomes the OSCE ODIHR and other international partners' decision not to participate in monitoring the illegal election process in the occupied Crimea and Sevastopol. We expect that the final report of the international election observation mission will clearly indicate the illegitimacy of the Russian election in the territory of the Ukrainian Crimea.
5. We are convinced that the international community to another attempt by Moscow to undermine the fundamental principles of the world order - sovereignty, territorial integrity and inviolability of borders – will provide a proper response and, in particular increase sanctions pressure on the aggressor.
6. We urge our partners to strongly condemn the illegal actions of Russia to organize election in the temporarily occupied Crimea. We also expect that "results" of the “elections” will not be recognized.