I. Principle objectives
The Chairmanship-in-Office of Ukraine in the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation takes place from 1 January till 30 June 2013.
Guided by the BSEC Charter, the Istanbul Summit Declaration on the occasion of the Twentieth anniversary of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation and the new BSEC Economic Agenda Ukraine will direct its efforts at strengthening the Organization and receiving tangible results for the achievement of goals through the following:
- promotion of development of multilateral economic cooperation in the BSEC Region; practical implementation of the previously adopted decisions and concluded agreements; enforcement of the BSEC project oriented approach through implementation of the projects and programs of regional dimension (e.g. Development of the Black Sea Ring Highway and Motorways of the Sea); preparation of multilateral document on regional multimodal transport;
- direction of BSEC’s efforts at the disclosure and elimination of the barriers in mutual trade, harmonization of the customs and trade regimes on the basis of the WTO requirements aiming at renewal of activity on creation of regional Free Trade Area;
- strengthening of the Organization’s financial capability with utilization of the program-oriented BSEC budget, the BSTDB capacities, PDF and other funds;
- promotion of the BSEC activities in the sphere of environmental protection;
- interaction with other international organizations and regional initiatives.
II. Sectoral priorities:
Among the necessary preconditions for the successful advancement of the Organization towards achievement of its goals the most important is to ensure due implementation of the relevant action plans by the BSEC working groups. This work should be monitored thoroughly by the CSO and the pertinent decisions should be taken by the CMFA. The existing practice of holding regular ministerial meetings defining the priorities of cooperation in different fields should be deepened and directed at the achievement of concrete results. In this regard ensuring the proper functioning of working bodies of the whole BSEC system will be an important task of the Ukrainian Chairmanship.
In the area of sectoral cooperation Ukraine will concentrate its Chairmanship on the following activities:
- implementation of the Memoranda of Understanding on the Facilitation of Road Transport of Goods, Development of the Black Sea Ring Highway and Motorways of the Sea;
- elaboration on a multilateral document on the development of multimodal transport in the Black Sea region, which will contribute to facilitation of trade and transportation in the BSEC Region and to the development of the Euro-Asian Transport Links under the UN ECE and UN ESCAP auspices.
- continuation of efforts at the disclosure and elimination of the barriers in mutual trade, harmonization of the customs and trade regimes on the basis of the WTO requirements aiming at renewal of activity on creation of regional Free Trade Area;
- promotion of initiatives on the environmental protection and on the development of the regional policy for protection of the marine environment; promotion of cooperation with the Commission on the Protection of the Black Sea Against Pollution.
- elaboration on effective coordination in assessment of the environmental problems, identification of regional goals and objectives of sustainable development, introduction principles of environmentally responsible economic activity.
Humanitarian and cultural cooperation:
- identification of common interest of coastal communities, villages and cities; creation of the Black Sea web-database, encouraging the exchange of experience between city mayor's offices in dealing with municipal issues in our region.
- organization of continuously-operating portable exhibition of contemporary seascape painters of the Black Sea region with an aim to highlight the representing cultural heritage of BSEC countries and peoples.