Ambassador Sergiy Korsunsky’s Interview for TrtTürk TV channel on the current situation in Ukraine
- If Russia stops to support separatists in eastern Ukraine, the conflict will be resolved quickly.
- Putin’s statements about NATO legions fighting in eastern Ukraine are complete nonsense, while there is the Russian army.
- We see that sanctions against Russia have had a negative impact on the Russian economy. However, we do not want these sanctions to push Russia’s economy into catastrophe because ordinary people who are against Putin will suffer.
- Putin is personally responsible for the Russian policy and the Russian elite supporting him.
- Putin’s goal is to "break away" Ukraine from Europe, but Ukraine was and will be a part of Europe.